Why is AOL IMAP Server Not Responding and How to Fix it
AOL, short for America Online, is a renowned email service. Known for the catchphrase You’ve Got Mail, it is used by several people across the globe. This email service is extremely secure and packed with an array of features. Users can also customize it according to their needs and preferences. AOL Mail app provides users a single stop platform for managing their emails, contacts, web browsing, and a lot more. However, sometimes users may face issues such as AOL server not responding or imap.aol.com not responding. Let’s explore the reasons behind such errors and the ways to fix them.
Reasons for AOL Server not Responding / imap.aol.com not responding Error
Here are some common reasons for issues such as IMAP AOL not responding.
- Device is offline
- Server outage
- Incorrect IMAP configuration
- Outdated web browser
- Too much RAM space
- Incompatible web browser
- Faulty server settings
How to Fix AOL Not Responding/ imap aol not responding Issue?
Follow the below-given solutions to start getting a response from AOL Mail.
Make sure that your device is online
If you are facing AOL not responding and imap aol not responding error, then you need to check the internet connection. You need to have a stable and active internet connection so that your computer can connect with the AOL mail server. Check if the wired connection is stable. Check your router to see if the internet light is on. Place the router near the device. If you are using a phone then see if the cellular data is working or not.
Remove Browser Cache and Cookies to fix imap aol not responding
Often, wen browser cache and cookies can lead to issues and problems such as AOL Server not responding. Thankfully, it is not difficult to fix this problem. Simply follow the steps given below and delete the browser cache.
- First, you need to launch a web browser.
- After that, click on Settings. You may need to click on the menu button first.
- Now, you need to locate the browsing data option.
- Check the boxes for cookies and cache.
- Click on the Clear data button.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- Allow the data to get cleared.
Switch the Browser to fix imap aol not responding
You may try to use a different browser to identify if the issue is with the web browser or your AOL mail account. Perhaps the web browser you are using is not compatible with AOL. Hence, either install a new browser or just open another pre-installed one. Try accessing AOL MAil on a different browser and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Update the Web Browser to fix imap aol not responding
Sometimes, older or outdated web browsers can cause issues such as the AOL server not responding. If you cannot access your AOL Mail or if it is not responding, then perhaps you are using an outdated browser. It is essential to always keep the browser updated because the updates come with bug fixes and patches. Simply check if any browser updates are available. If they are, then install the updates.
Reboot the device to fix finally imap aol not responding
Have you ever wondered why everybody always asks you to restart your device when you face issues? Well, the first thing you should do when you encounter errors is to restart or reboot the device. Rebooting clears off the present state of the device’s operating system or software, starting everything from scratch. This does not just apply to Windows devices but is applicable to all computing devices such as iOS devices, Android, Mac, etc. If your AOL mail is not responding because other programs are using too much memory, then a restart will help fix the issue.
Why AOL server down
You may face the AOL server not responding issue in case of an outage or when the server is down. Do not get frustrated, just check if the service is down by accessing any down checker website. You can perform a test to determine if the local connection is facing an issue or if the email server is down. If the server is down, then you just need to be patient and wait for the problem to get resolved.
Turn off pop-up blocking
In most web browsers, pop up blocking is enabled by default. To disable this feature, here are the steps you need to take:
- First, you need to open the internet browser.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Select the Settings option.
- After that, click on Options.
- Click on Under the Hood option.
- Now you need to click on content settings.
- In the following segment, you need to disable popups.
- Click on Manage Exceptions.
- Make the changes you require.
- Click on the Action tab.
- Click on the Allow button.
- Hit Enter.
- Click on the Content Settings tab.
- Go back to the Options screen.
- You have now successfully disabled the popup blocker.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Sometimes the antivirus or firewall settings on your device may block the AOL Mail app from responding. While it is necessary to have an antivirus software always functional on your device, you can try disabling it temporarily to identify the cause of the AOL not responding error/ imap.aol.com not responding. Also, look into your firewall settings and disable the firewall for a brief period.
Check the Encryption
You need to check your SSL encryption and server details. Ensure that the right server information is entered. You also need to ensure that the SSL encryption type for the same is enabled.
Check the Login Credentials
You need to see if you have entered your AOL account email address or username and password correctly. Sometimes people make a mistake while typing their username and password for the AOL email account. For this reason, the IMAP server is unable to communicate with the email server. Hence you get the AOL Mail server not responding error on the screen. Bear in mind that the password is case sensitive.
How to Fix IMAP AOL Not Responding?
Follow the tips and solutions mentioned below to troubleshoot the IMAP AOL Mail not responding issue.
Restart the iPhone and Reopen the App – to fix IMAP AOL Mail not responding
In case you are dealing with IMAP AOL not responding issue on your phone device, then you need to reboot the phone and launch the app again.
Check Server Settings – to fix IMAP AOL Mail not responding
Maybe your AOL Mail account is not configured correctly on your device. This might cause the mail service to not respond. In case you use the IMAP server for your AOL email account, then here is the right information you need to enter. Here is how you can do the configuration for your AOL email account.
- Ensure that the port number is 993.
- Select Yes in the SSL Type field.
Update the App – to fix IMAP AOL Mail not responding
Maybe, you are facing AOL not responding error because your app is outdated. It is easy to update the app. Here are the stepwise instructions to help you update your AOL Mail app.
- Unlock your device.
- Go to the device’s app store.
- Tap on the Update button located at the lower right-hand corner.
- Find the AOL Mail application by scrolling the screen.
- If any updates are available, then click on them.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- Restart your mobile device.
- When the device starts, launch the AOL Mail app.
- Check if the app is responding or not.
Remove the account and re-add it
Android users can follow these steps:
- To get started, launch the AOL Mail app.
- After that, tap on Settings located at the bottom.
- Choose the Manage Accounts option.
- Tap on the Edit button.
- Choose the email account you wish to remove.
- Tap on the Remove button.
- First, you need to tap on the AOL Mail app of your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Gear icon at the lower bar.
- Wait for the Settings screen to open.
- Tap on the Manage Accounts option.
- After that, you need to tap on Add Account.
- Type the login credentials for your AOL email account.
- Sign in to your email account.
iOS users can follow these steps to fix imap aol not responding
- First and foremost open the AOL Mail app.
- Then, tap on the Settings option located at the bottom.
- Tap on the Manage Accounts option.
- Tap on Edit.
- Select the AOL email account you want to remove.
- Tap on the Remove button.
- Tap on the Done button
- For readding your AOL account, go back to the AOL Mail app.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the lower bar.
- Select Manage Accounts.
- Hit the Add Account button.
- Type your AOL email account username.
- Type the password.
- Tap on the Sign in button.
How to fix AOL not responding Windows 10
Facing AOL not responding issue on your Windows 10 device? Do not worry, follow these steps.
- To get started, you need to click on the Start button.
- Locate the Control Panel and click on it.
- Enter Troubleshooter in the search bar at the upper right corner.
- Click on the Troubleshooter option from the search results.
- Click on the View All button.
- Place the cursor on Internet Explorer.
- Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
Check if Any Features are Blocked
You may have tweaked the web browser settings and blocked certain essential aspects such as ActiveX and Java applet. This will lead to AOL not responding Windows 10 error. To fix it, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to launch your internet browser.
- Now, you need to access the Tools menu.
- Click on the Internet Option.
- After that, click on the Security tab.
- Then make sure to reset the Zones given on the screen to their default parameters.
- Click on the OK button for saving the changes.
This is how you can fix the AOL not responding Windows 10 error.